Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Awesome Mail Day!!

Today I got a package in the mail.  It was our next 6 blocks for our $2 a block BOM quilt that my Mom, Jen V and I are working on. 
misc 003
I decided that it was high time that I get back in my sewing room and start quilting.  I got the Thangles sewn for blocks 1 – 5 and got blocks 3-5 assembled. 
misc 002 misc 005 misc 007
Then I got to block #2 and I couldn’t decide which way I wanted my stripes to go.  the upper right hand corner and lower left hand corner go in different directions than the rest of the HST’s.  To mix things up I have Option 1:
 misc 011
And Option 2:
misc 012
So, which do I choose?

10 comments:

QuiltingB29 said...

I did option 3 - carefully make another HST using the Thangles, but this time with the teal on top of the white. Now all the stripes go in the same direction!

Julie-Ann said...

I just learned how to us Thangles in my sampler class and am not sure how I feel about them. My instructor told us that the more you use them the more you will like them. Same issue with the flying geese ruler.

I like both options, but tend to lean towards #1. Pretty colors.

Where did you find this BOM? It would be a great way to get use to thangles.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I like two! But....I'm odd...so you can't go by what I think. Giggle!

Moneik said...

I like Option #2 the best, but what do I know, I finally just got all 162 thangles paper taken off last night.

Laurel said...

I have this same BOM, but using different colors. I like option 2 best so you don't have to think about whether lining up the stripes is an option (like on #1).

Erin Hutchinson said...

Option 2 - it's more interesting.

CatQuilter said...

Option 2 gets my vote! I know what you mean about getting back into the sewing room. I didn't get any real quilting done until this past weekend.

Michele said...

I like Option 2 best as well.

Beth said...

I'm liking the second one down.

Piwacket said...

I prefer Option 2. I think the stripes going in different directions lends some interest. I think that if you do Option 1 there's also going to be a tendency to want to match those stripes up perfectly.