Friday, May 1, 2009

Best Friends Quilt Shoppe

Our last quilt shop stop on Thursday was Best Friends Quilt Shoppe, the shop that Jill works at. We just kind of hung out at the shop because we knew we were going back on Sunday for their sale. Of course, this gave me all weekend to think about the stuff I should buy.




moneik 073



You know me, always a sucker for anything involving my Holly girl...



SN852940





SN852938



Yummy Winding Ways fabric from Jennifer Chiaverini's line.



SN852936



A fabulous fabric folding pen that Jill brought into our lives...




SN852937



Fabric for a wallhanging to match my bathroom shower curtain. I've had this on my mind for a while now, but just wasn't finding the right fabrics to do it with.




SN852935



Football fabric to go into Mike's Hot Shots Quilt.



SN852939



Hmmm, a yellow brick road on point...looks a lot different!!



SN852928



Our next stop was Walmart. We needed snacks and stuff for our snack table. You don't get to see a good shot of it because we neglected to take one, but you can see how stuffed our cart is. This is what happens when 7 women need snacks!!

Ok, now to discuss what's going on in the foreground of the shot. Yes, Jill and I indulged in a foam sword fight!!




moneik 075





moneik 076





moneik 077

Can you tell we were having a ton of fun??

On Thursday night, Jill loaded a comfort quilt onto the frame for our friend Linda. While she was doing that, Moneik, Jen NV and I were sewing the binding onto Moneik's bridal quilt. Regina A was busy making up snack table signs and my mom and Sherry were working on name tags for the rest of the ladies going to retreat.

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Can you believe it's already been a week ago that we stayed up all night? How did a week go by so fast? Love it all...and you girls are goofs!

Cindy said...

I know I was on the shop hop but I don't remember you buying that cute fabric. Of course I do remember the sword fight at WalMart.

Debi said...

Wow, sounds like you had so much fun. Thanks for sharing those fun pics are Walmart!