Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Calatrava

I was downtown to get my haircut tonight and on a whim I decided to drive past the art museum.  Next thing I knew I was parking my car and wandering over to it.  I think it’s time to start traveling with my tripod in my trunk because I would have LOVED to have pulled it out.  I sent Mike a text saying where I was stopping and he told me I was turning into Holte.  I can only hope to get that good.  I did snap a few cool pictures though.


Calatrava 001 (2)

Calatrava 014

Calatrava 032

Calatrava 053 

For those of you who aren’t local, this is is what the Calatrava looks like when the wings are closed.  The above link will tell you some more details about the cool architecture.

I’m glad I stopped to snap a few pictures.  I really got out of that habit over the past few years. 

-Jen

8 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

You take great pictures! Give us more!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Cool building! I love these pics!

Julie-Ann said...

Beautiful! The Calatrava shows that modern architecture can be beautiful! Has great architecture, though, both old and new and then, of course, some real eyesores from the 1960s

Karen said...

Phenomenal photography, Jen. I love the top one best.

Carol VR said...

Those pictures are amazing!!!

Moneik said...

The pictures are absolutely beautiful!

jillquilts said...

The pictures aer freakin' awesome!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

your pictures are amazing