Sunday, May 24, 2009

Camelbak Bottle Insulated Cover - Take 1

There's a group of us that are hooked on these Camelbak water bottles. They're great because you can actually shake the bottle and not have it leak. It's great for those of us that like to mix in Crystal Lite. They're great bottles to have around at the cutting table or on your table while you sew because if they fall over, nothing is going to happen. But, with the weather getting warmer I was a little concerned with sweating so I've got Insulbrite inside to keep my beverage cool. I also was thinking if we put a wrap on it we could tell whose bottle is whose a little better. Here's my first proto type:

bottle sleeve 001


I thought it would be fun to put a pocket on the outside for drink packets. Well...the pocket should be both taller and it will need gathers because it is just too dang tight. Maybe the drink packet pocket just won't make the final cut.

I would also like to applique an Initial Letter. I didn't take the time and do it on the proto type.


bottle sleeve 004

Before sewing the cover together I thought it would be nice to have the seams finished by sewing the 1/4 inch and then turning the project. However, I think that just created unnecessary bulk along the seam. I might just be better off with a raw seam that has an overcast edge.

Thoughts?

6 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I think....Very Cool!

Piwacket said...

I think you've created a winner. You better put a patent on that pattern! It's terrific.

piecesofpatti said...

Great idea! I like very much!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I think they look fantastic!!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Hmm, I like it a lot. I would not do the turned seam but the overcast seam. I agree about the bulk, especially since I like the pocket on the outside you can put the crystal light packets in. This works well for being in the office or gym or whatever and having access to water but still want the convenience of the mixes (like me!)

the only thing I can think that would make it better is if it has a heavy duty snap so I can put it on a belt loop when walking the dogs. -wink-

Very cre8tive!

Moneik said...

The prototype is so cool, but I don't think it needs the little holders.