Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camelbak Bottle Sleeves Take 2

Well, I decided the crystal lite pockets wern't going to work.  There's too much air in those little packets.  The only way it would work out would be if I put a pleat in the bottom and elastic across the top of the pocket and I'm sorry but that's entirely too much work for a water bottle sleeve!!

I got the applique done on all 10 that I'm working on but only got 6 of the sleeves totally complete. I just have to sew up the other 4.  I think they are turning out quite nicely.

062
Moneik's & Sherry's
058
Mine, Jen V's, Jen V's, Mine

Tonight was Batik Club at the shop so I took my Holly quilt to show Laura & Maureen.  Of course more people saw it than just them but they were happy that they got to see it in person since they had each made blocks.  

5 comments:

QuiltingB29 said...

Isn't the point of initials to be able to tell them apart at first glance? I guess you and Jen V and Jill will still need to be careful, lol.

Jen said...

Well, The J's are separated by who is likely to be drinking with who. I have a few different bottles so I can have different fabrics in different places and still not worry! I've still got to get at least 3 of the remaining 4 done tonight before work tomorrow.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Those are very cool! This is why you are the fearless leader! Giggle!

Moneik said...

They are awesome! I simply love the appliqued letters on them.

jillquilts said...

Very cool! Even if I don't get the monkeys!! Giggle! Did Laura like the quilt? She kept asking me - Has she seen it? Did you give it to her? What did she think??? giggle