Thursday, May 7, 2009

Games & Prizes

On Saturday night while the gang played Left/Right/Center in the lounge, Jen V & I opted not to play. Me, I'm just not a game person. Never really have been. Sure, they look like fun but my attention span just is not there for games. Jen laid out a Christmas tablerunner:

moneik 169



I laid out a quilt that goes with these blocks:

SN852897



After Becca won 2 of the 3 rounds we all wandered back to our workstations. It was time to make Block Butlers. Just like the pin cushion, I didn't have patterns so I just said do this, this, this and that. What can I say, it's how I roll. I just figure stuff out as I go. The peeps...they love me...actually they probably wanted to kill me.

Crap! I just remembered I never got over to give Jennifer VN some applique tips. Jen, we'll have to do it via email. I'm sorry!!

Back to the Block Butlers...

Sherry saved the day by having a slew of rubberbands in her purse. Hey, at least I remembered to pack the glue gun and glue sticks. Shrug. With the very first squeeze of the glue gun, I managed to burn my pointer finger...BADLY. I had a 3/4" by 3/8" sized blister. Niiiiiiiiiiice. So I ended up directing and not being much help!

Jill Quilt Retreat 044



Ouch!!



It was then time for the remaining raffle drawings and grand prize drawings. I'm happy to report that my Mom won the serger and Jennifer VN won the bolt of Warm & Natural batting. Super exciting!!!



SN852916




Earlier in the day I won a raffle while I was taking a nap (Contrary to the snarky comment made on my blog last week).

Here's what I won (Or what I think I won because everything all got put together in my bag)

SN852951






SN852964






SN852983
Glow in the Dark Thread!!!





Throughout the day I also acquired a few other things from my Peeps. As people won, if there was something they wern't going to use they offered it to the others.


SN852950SN852952SN852953SN852954SN852959SN852971




I passed around a few things too....I just can't for the life of me remember what they were but I'm sure they'll show up on a Peep blog post at some point!!

And a few peep gifties:

SN852945


From Becca :)


3 comments:

QuiltingB29 said...

The sleepy acres book was actually a gift from a peep...

Amy said...

wow such nice things to win. looks you had a great time!

Piwacket said...

The Paper-Piecing book was one that I brought for you. I know what you mean, though...between our winnings and the generosity of all our fellow peeps I've lost track of who did what for whom. How lucky are we that we're able to say that! No gift or prize can compete with the laughs and fellowship we all shared.