Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day!!

I spent Mother’s Day today with my Mom and Grandma. 



After 32 years, I think this was the first time I actually saw my Mom’s Singer Treadle Machine opened up.  While we were at it, we pulled my Grandmother’s Treadle Machine out of the garage where it has been in storage.  Hers has always been in pretty rough condition and now they are trying to decide what to do to restore the machines.  This is their summer project. My Mom’s is about 100 years old and my Grandma’s is about 110 years old.  The photos below were taken of the two machines. Mom's machine is the first set, Grandma's is the outdoor set.


 

Let’s see, Mom, Grandma and I went for a drive to Whitnall Park.  We then decided to walk through the Boerner Botanical Gardens.  I took a ton of pictures and I’m really quite impressed with how they turned out.  When I was shooting film I’d be lucky to get 1 or 2 good shots per roll but here with digital I could see what I was doing wrong and correct it right away. 
It’s funny, with how allergic to flowers and everything outdoors, I just LOVE doing floral photography; it’s probably my favorite medium.  Especially close-ups.
My favorite shot of the day is one of my Grandma’s hand holding a tulip.  I paired with it a saying that Julie is trying to drum into my head.
shebelieved

3 comments:

Leah said...

I really like the Windows Live Writer photo album you used. I may have to borrow that. ;) The flower photos you took are so vibrant. They are beautiful. Tulips are my favorite flower and I love to see so many together. Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing.

Julie-Ann said...

I love flowers and have tons of them in my back yard. I love planting and feeling dirt on my hands. I can find more peace in my flower beds than anywhere else.

I think the photo of the hand and tulip is outstanding. Is that your grandmother's hand? The saying on it is perfect. It could be the front of a greeting card. Seriously! You should some printed out. I think it is so beautiful. Even the simplicity of the little silver ring on the finger. Perfect!

Treasa said...

YOur pictures are great. I love the one of your grandmother holding the tulip. That is my favorite. They are so so clear and sharp.