Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Harvest Spice finds a Home

(Saturday)

Months ago I decided that I was going to take Harvest Spice with me to quilt retreat with the idea that I'd hide it in some unsuspecting Peep's luggage with a note saying that they should keep their mouth shut if they found it but then pass it along to someone else in our group and by the end of the weekend hopefully it would be going to someones home other than mine.

So I manage to hide it in Jen VN's stuff. Jen's biggest gripe is that she actually got down out of her bunk bed to look to see what it was and then it was such a let down and she had to climb back up in her bunk. All that to see a really hideous quilt.

Then I am given my quilt and then One I starts goofing around about what does it take in this group to get a quilt because she wants to do it. Will she have to cut off a limb? As a joke, Linda makes One I a little quilt.


moneik 138



Now it dawns on me. One I was the one person months back that actually LIKED the looks of Harvest Spice. So I ran to find Harvest Spice. It was currently in Sherry's luggage. I run back downstairs and give it to One I. She can hardly believe that I'm actually giving it to her. Heck, I'm just glad it's found a home!!


moneik 143



So now I will very happily mail her the border fabric and the binding. I'm pretty sure I even have backing so if I do, I will mail her that too!! Woo hoo it's got a home and I don't have to look at it ever again.

The even funnier thing is that Trish likes it too so it looks like my Mom's harvest spice quilt will have a home before long!

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I may have to make this quilt my new banner once it's quilted! Then you can still look at it now and then. I don't know why you all hate this top?! Even Garry liked it! And I'm glad I didn't have to lose a digit to get it! Thanks again Jen. It will always be special because of you and my first retreat!
One i

Moneik said...

I'm so glad One I got the quilt and not I! It's found a good home now and she didn't have to loose any limbs!

Trish said...

Wait a minute... your Mom has one too???
Whoa baby!!!... Step AWAY from the quilt....
Yes, I like it, but no, I'm not looking to adopt!!!
Nice try though.... Hey, maybe we can play musical suitcases with it at next year's retreat!

Piwacket said...

Regina One I, you better enter that into the World's Ugliest Quilt Contest. Like the old dog that nobody wants, I'm glad it's found a loving home. Expertly made, yet painful to behold.