Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kitten Discovery

This morning Mike went downstairs to do some laundry and sensed motion. As he turned to the basement window he thought there were birds in the window well. Not so! It turns out we have a mama cat and her three babies in the window well. The cover is broken and they are using it as shelter. It's a holiday weekend so I doubt we could get anyone to take them so they're going to be living with us until we figure out where to take them next week.

They are FREAKING adorable and that says a lot because I'm soooo NOT a cat person.

Here's a very unhappy looking mama:



kitty 002



And her adorable babies:



kitty 066



It's a little difficult to get good pictures of them through the window, especially with how dirty the outside of the window is. We put water out for them and today we will pick up some food for them to keep them sustained unti we find where to take them. It's like having our own zoo exhibit!!

Enjoy the adorable slide show.



10 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww, their so cute!!!

I hope you are able to find them a good home.

jillquilts said...

OMG!!! The black one is sooooooo cute!!! Send him to me!! giggle

Winona said...

Jen,
I am a cat person. Thank you for watching out for these little cuteys. I hope you find a good home for them. If I was closer, I'd be tempted to take one, but then my dh would freak.LOL I already have 2 ladies in the house. They run the place and we serve them. LOL Winona

Carol VR said...

Your right, they are freakin' adorable!!!

Suzan said...

How darling! I love that they are all different colors.

Trish said...

Oooh.... I'd take the orange one if I could. They're so cute.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Such cuties.. it looks like they have been there a little while they look big.. Smiles

Shogun said...

Oh they are so adorable and I AM a cat person! Please don't drop them at the shelter - they are too full already. Maybe she will take them with her and move them, sometimes they do that. Or maybe they will become tame and you can find them homes. Is the mama cat shy? They are just beautiful!

Shogun said...

I just watched the slideshow and the picture with the orange cat's tail draped over the other cat is so cute!!

Granny's Closet said...

I would love to have one of them. They are so cute. I wasn't a cat person until my daughter brought home "marvin", she has been the best cat ever. Never on the counters, she stays in her yard, she is great. I know I would never find one as great as she is when she goes. She is now 13 years old, and a wonderful part of the family. She follows us around, almost like a dog. She comes when you call her. Enjoy these little ones.