Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lots of Stops for a Saturday

Today Jen and I hit a few quilt shops.  It’s always fun to see what other shops in the area have going on. 
We stopped first at Bits & Pieces because we were looking for fabric to use with our $2 a block BOM that we’re doing through Best Friends in Ohio.  I picked up some yardage that I can possibly use for Sashing and corner stones. 
Our next stop was the Quilted Basket.  I picked up a pattern that I hadn’t seen before.   It’s a pretty slick pattern for 2-1/2” strips and I’m really looking forward to making it. 
Then on a lark we decided to drive to Cedarburg to go to Material Matters.  Above all, I was shocked at how empty their shelves seemed to be.  Lots of open spaces.  I picked up a pattern that I had seen once online.  It’s actually cut out with a larger diamond template but then put back together in a different format.  It should be interesting.
Later in the evening we went to Linda’s house for a Bead Retreat party.  We all made the same bracelet just in different colors and joked that it looks like we’ve got friendship bracelets.
misc 001
We headed downstairs after the party to see Linda's quilt studio. She's got a really nice set up.
misc 007 misc 002 misc 003 misc 004  misc 006 misc 005
All in all, it turned out to be a really nice day.

3 comments:

Quilter In Paradise said...

sounds like you had a fun time! Beading looks like so much fun, but I am NOT going to acquire another hobby!!! I AM NOT! ( see the determination on my face?! )
Beth in Dallas

Moneik said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Can't wait to see what new patterns you will be making up.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

What a perfect day! I'm curious about the pattern you found, too! Spill it so we can all see it! How come the weekends go by so fast?