Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rosie the Quilter

With her We Can Quilt It attitude gave me just what I needed to try out a different quilting pattern that I’ve been doodling for the last few months. 

 misc 010

misc 011 

misc 014

I used a Robinson Anton Variegated  pink & white thread that was left over from a few other projects.  I thought there would be enough.  When I got down to the last row of signature blocks I ran out.  Oh well, it’s just a wall hanging for my sewing room, it’s not something other people would notice if I don’t point it out.  I just switched to another light pink thread and finished it up.  Of course, everything was nice and evenly spaced until I switched threads…then it seems I freaked and quilted much more closely together.  Oh well…it was time to try something new, and I did.  It’s something I will try again.  Now I just need to get the binding and hanging sleeves sewn down.

-Jen

5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That turned out great! I was trying to do some of that quilting a couple of weeks ago...and made a real mess of it. I'm not done trying yet though. What do they call that quilting? Any tips for me? Have a great weekend, too!

KyQuiltlady said...

You did a wonderful job on that. I love it. Doesn't matter the different thread. Keep up the good work.

Piwacket said...

I like it! It's perfect for Rosie. And the wall hanging for the kitchen is just adorable.

Julie-Ann said...

Where did you ever find that fabric? I love it!

Trish said...

I like it too. Nice job on trying something new!