Monday, May 4, 2009

They made ME a quilt!!

As I write this post almost two weeks after the fact, I’m still in disbelief that my friends made ME a quilt. There are no better friends on the planet. I guess when I was going through my most recent round of crap with my Dad is when they got the idea that I needed a quilt. I’m just blown away. So I’m sitting there, sewing something when Jill asks Moneik if she’ll come to the bathroom with her. I even remember saying, you need to go in pairs? Then I watch like 3 or 4 of them go and I’m thinking what the heck?? So they make this BIG deal about it and then Jill comes back…alone. I say, what the heck did you need to go together for if you were all going to come back individually?

So Moneik is carrying this tote bag and asking me to come up on the bleachers by her and they’re all staring at me and I’m thinking…what the heck are they going to do to me? And here’s how it unfolded…



jvn02




And I fell over from shock…



cindy quilt retreat 119




And I laughed…



ra12




And I cried…



ra13




And I stared in disbelief…



jvn04




And I held it up for all to see and cried some more…



ra15




And we played “Guess who made which block” because they forgot about making a label…



100_1540




(So really, everyone who made a block if you could please comment with a shout out to which one is yours I’d appreciate it, I want to get a label on before too much time goes by….I know who made blocks, just not which ones!!

Jill assembled the quilt top and Moneik quilted and bound it. And some of my local friends even had me unknowingly cut their fabric for them at PW.

And then I find out that Regina One I was really sick when they were making blocks so she couldn’t meet the deadline. So instead, she decided to make me a tote bag that they could give the quilt in. Now, for those of you who don’t know, “One I” has some major apprehension about making bags. Her bag came out awesome!! Now I have a super cool tote bag too!! I’m impressed with the whole thing, but super impressed by One I! She got over her fear of bags!!

I’ve got the best friends ever! They rock.



Then they told some stories about things that happened during the making of the quilt and we all laughed a little harder because MAN it explains A LOT!!

Have I mentioned my friends are awesome??


13 comments:

Moneik said...

And you didn't even have to loose a limb to get a quilt! So glad you like it. You're an awesome friend and I'm so glad we could keep it a secret and that it could be a special surpise when we were all together for the first time.

Maureen said...

Jen...I hope you were surprised. I made the block...third column over...fourth row down...the lab puppy with two frames around it.

Linda made the one in the upper right hand corner.

Maureen

Bella Mama said...

What wonderful friends you have, The quilt is beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Jen - you deserved it and it is a wonderful quilt! My block is the one with eyes and tongue hanging out (picture here => http://quiltingmomsblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/january-accomplishments.html).

Sandi said...

Jen the newfoundlands are mine - but you probably already figured that out because of my email address. It was so much fun had not done any applique in 20 years and you certainly more than deserve it will all you do for so many others. Enjoy

Karen said...

That is an awesome quilt and such a cool theme for a dog lover like you! You have great friends!!!!

zarina said...

Oh girl - I can feel the moment and was nearly in tears too for you.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Awwwww.....super impressed? Wow...that's a lot to live up to! I had fun doing it after I got over the flu. I really wanted to make a block for the quilt, but I was not in good shape for holding my head up. Glad you like the quilt and the bag. It was fun for all of us to do! You're definately "quilt worthy"!
one i

Regina said...

Mine is labeled - but it's the top row - 2nd one over - Not Your Mother's Turtle block.... with dogs, of course!

Trish said...

Mine is fourth column on right, second block down: golden lab inside an appliqued heart.

I'm so glad you liked the quilt. It turned out beautiful. Everyone did a great job.

Laura Krasinski said...

Jen it turned out beautiful... i made the block with the big photo of your dog.. with pink and black border..

Laura Krasinski said...

Jen it turned out beautiful... i made the block with the big photo of your dog.. with pink and black border..

Julie-Ann said...

This is a wonderful quilt. I'm a dog lover, too and have 2 dogs of my own, so I know how special it is. Not only because it is a dog themed quilt, but because you have such wonderful, caring friends. Enjoy it!