Wednesday, May 27, 2009

They're Gone!! :(

Today I was able to borrow a live trap from my friend Suzanne.  Her sister works with a rescue organization so I knew I'd have a safe place to take them.  However, when Mike got home from work he was outside talking to Mamma and giving her some food when another cat walked by and hissed.  Mike called me when I was done with work and said that Midnight was missing and he was out looking for him.  By the time I got home, Mamma was nowhere to be found either and Stormy and Tigger were cuddled together looking scared.  When I woke up around 3am I decided to run downstairs and check on them and they were gone...all gone.  I'm sad.  I just got so used to running downstairs to look at them and watch their silly antics.  

I forgot to mention that this past weekend Mike and I went to the Milwaukee Public Museum to see the Titanic Exhibit.  It was pretty cool.  Of course I'm enthralled with anything Titanic Related.  

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm sorta sad that the kitties are gone. Gotta figure that Momma knows best and moved them. Have a great Saturday!

Moneik said...

Momma knows best. You've gotta go to Branson MO to see the most awesome Titanic Museum. It's half the size of the boat and you follow a real person from the ship around the museum and learn about them and at the end find out if they lived or died.

jillquilts said...

Do we have a trip to Branson in November to plan now too? That sounds cool! I bet they have some great quilt shops on the way! Mike can ninja-sit! :)

Are you still having kitty withdrawal? No signs of them? Poor things!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Mom and Dad had kittens in their garden that when mom finally found a place to take them they were gone too. We figured the same thing that momma moved them.. they started in the neighbors shed and moved to moms bushes when the heat hit.. they were cute though there was one that looked like moms meow Beau and it would sit at the window and look in at Beau like it was looking in a mirror or something.. or maybe wondering why he wouldn't come out to play.