Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Brick Remains

At lunch time I decided to drive over to a new subdivision where I’ve noticed remains of a stone barn and silo.  It looks very cool and I’d like to get up in there to shoot some more pictures but it’s posted as a no trespassing zone so I snapped from the car.  They’re not exactly fabulous pictures but it IS a neat structure.

It appears that it was built in 1910.  It just seems to me there should be more left behind.  The detail on the stones is just amazing.

006

I don’t know why, but I really like this next shot even though most of the structure is hidden by the trees in the foreground.

008

I’m also digging this strange bumpy lumpy tree.

015

6 comments:

Suzan said...

Jen - your photography is terrific!

jillquilts said...

They are fantastic!! I love the tree shot with the stones behind. And the lumpy tree is way cool!! :)

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Those are great pics! Love the stone structure.

Rose Marie said...

This is a unique place and if you were really into photographing your quilts .... this would be the spot!

Lori said...

If those bricks could talk I wonder what they would say....

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Very neat.. I too wonder what happened to the building.. we have a few hear near mom and dad that I have always wondered what happened and who lived there