Thursday, June 25, 2009

Como Zoo

The whole group of us went to Como Zoo.  That was such a cool zoo!!  I can’t believe that in all the times I’ve been up to Minnesota that I’ve never been to the Como Zoo.  I LOVED how their animal exhibits are set up so that you can view from multiple levels – some indoors and outdoors. 

I fell in love with the Gorilla.  We used to have a gorilla at the zoo here in Milwaukee but he died back in 1981 and yet I remember him clear as day.  My mom can remember seeing him when she was a kid and being there once when he freaked out and broke the glass.

Of course, this trip to the zoo had me loving my zoom lens.  Now it makes me want to go to our zoo that much more! 

Minnesota 151 Minnesota 038 Minnesota 049 Minnesota 062 Minnesota 076 Minnesota 086  Minnesota 101 Minnesota 104  Minnesota 114 Minnesota 139

9 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Excellent photos, Jen! I love the new look of the blog, too. I wanna make mine wider but I have no idea how to do it...oh well....

Shogun said...

Great photos - my fav is the gorilla.

SarahJean said...

Love the pic of the tiger!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Thank-you so much for showing us the pictures of the animals!!!! Loved them all...

Regina said...

Excellent - the close up of the skin is the best!

piecesofpatti said...

You are a great photographer! Ever thought of going into business? Love the photos!

Piwacket said...

Super photography, Jen! I'm with Regina, the giraffe hide is amazing.

Karen said...

I love these photos. You do a great job on your photography!

Moneik said...

The pictures turned out amazing!