Friday, June 5, 2009

Mary's Moonlight Maddness

I went to Mary's Moonlight Madness tonight and boy did I get the stuff accomplished!!

My first project was to finish putting the Pampered Pooch quilt top together.  I left the borders at home because I prefer to put them on with my Janome 6600 that has the accufeed.

quilts 004

My second project was the wallhanging for my bathroom that matches my shower curtain.  I think I'm going to cut down the width of the white background though.  It's larger than I intended for the area.

quilts 002

I got my idea for this wallhanging from the Blue Underground Studios pattern called Posh Tot. (Shown Below)

I'm going to hang mine sideways and I changed the block to mimic the Snapshots blocks in my shower curtain.

SN851824

The wallhanging is going to hang above the towel rack and then you'll be able to see it as you walk by from both directions because of the mirror.

My third project of the evening was a baby quilt for my cousins daughter who will be born later this month.  At least I think it's this month!

quilts 003

This baby quilt so far has to be the quickest baby quilt pattern on the planet.  It didn't take long at all for these blocks to go together.  

It looks like I'll have more finishes in the coming days.  I'd like to get at least one of these on the frame before the end of the weekend.

10 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

WOW...you did get a lot done! Love that baby quilt. Is that from the Happy Hour book? I love your shower curtain and wall hanging! You have great ideas, Jen!

Julie-Ann said...

You are full of wonderful ideas. I wish I was so creative! While I don't have more than a couple UFOs which I am plugging away at, I look at all I haven't even started yet (are they considered UFOs?) and sigh.

I don't think you sleep!

Diane said...

You are one of the blogs that are an inspiration to me to try to find time to quilt more. I do not know how you do so much. Love, love the shower curtain!!

Piwacket said...

Jen, You are amazing! The bathroom is WAY cool. Everything you do is inspiring.

Yvette said...

Who knew you could make your own shower curtain? NO ME! I love that idea!!

I cannot believe how much you got accomplished. I need a get-together like that.

jillquilts said...

Man! Do you ever do anything besides sewing? giggle!

I'm almost done with the binding on Wagon Wheels. I'm pretty excited about that! Your stuff looks awesome!

Moneik said...

I love, love, love your pink/brown baby quilt! The pattern is such an awesome one. It's the one I whipped up Fri. night of retreat. The Happy Hour quilt turned out great. Your bathroom wall hanging is so inspiring. I love all the things you are finishing up.

Barb said...

I can't believe how much you got done. When I get together with my quilt gals we never accomplish anything but a lot of chatting! I love that baby quilt... and your shower curtain is amazing!

piecesofpatti said...

I love it all! You sure can git er done! I bet that sewing machine is a smokin!!!!!!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

did you make your shower curtian? I thought about making one but the meows have put runs in the one I have.. I guess I might have to put vinal on both sides to prevent that I don't know.