Sunday, June 21, 2009

Minnesota Trip – Short Version

I want to go into more detail but I thought I’d give a quick overview of my awesome adventure and go into more details over the next few days.


I left on Friday morning and punched my destination into my GPS not giving it another thought. Which just goes to show you that just because you throw an address into a GPS, you can’t expect it to send you the way that you’ve gone in the past!! I couldn’t come up with the number of trips I’ve made to Minneapolis over the years so it’s not like I NEEDED the GPS to get to the general area. Sigh. My GPS took me a different way. It was a longer trip but man oh man, it gave me an awesome photography opportunity. A COVERED BRIDGE!!!


IMG_0913

I also saw a few other interesting things…like a duck on a car antenna.



IMG_0882


A slick looking Oldsmobile.


IMG_0883

Took in a Twins Game.


IMG_0973

Visited 6 different quilt shop including the RUDEST QUILT SHOP ON THE PLANET where the owner rendered me completely speechless and scared the living shit out of me. I opted to put down the items I was going to purchase because of it. But, the incident was a source of comedy through the rest of the weekend.



Met Moneik’s most awesome family who graciously let me stay with them. Was actually the oldest “cousin” when we went out to the bar….when I’ll always be the youngest when out with my own cousins!!



Went to the Como Zoo and saw this awesome Gorilla….whose manners were more mild than the Quilt Shop owner mentioned above.



Minnesota 038

Had a fantastic dinner of Steak, Shrimp, Catfish & Potatoes.



Stopped to stretch my legs in Wisconsin Dells and decided it’s been way too long since we’ve been there.



Now I’m home. Happy to be home, but sad to leave after having such a great time with Moneik!!

6 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Very cool bridge. Can't wait to hear the quilt shop story. Glad you're home safe and sound (well as sound as you get...giggle)

SarahJean said...

I love Como Zoo! I've gone there since I was a little girl. The conservatory is beautiful as well. Great place to take pictures if you have a chance to go back someday.
I need to hear about this quilt shop! When I was doing the Shop Hop I git some funky vibes at a couple shops, too. I guess since I wasn't a regular?

Christine said...

I really want to hear about this crazy quilt shop lady. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

okay, I have to ask. How is it you find all these rude shops?! I want to go to those places when I have a chip on my shoulder so I have someone to, rightfully, take my frustrations out on. ;D

Moneik said...

It was a great weekend! Now it's time to get all those projects sewn up. Can't wait till we can hang out again.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

That grilla was a handsome devil,don't you think? I found your the other day and I just love it!! I have becime a follower today...