Thursday, June 4, 2009

Notebook Wrap

Do you have any idea how many pictures it took to get this licking action shot??

002

You don't want to know!! My poor dog, I'm going to render her blind soon.

Mike and I went out for dinner tonight and I had a pretty froo froo drink. Yes Jen, I went to Claim Jumpers without you.

006

See how he's hiding his goatee in the background just so I can't post picture of it on my blog? I just wish he'd trim it. Sigh. I miss my husbands clean shaven face. I'm not digging the goatee. I think he looks like a homeless person. =(

After months, ok years...of wanting to make one of these wraps, I finally did it. I took the left over wonky strips from a Miranda Day Bag. Coincidentally, it will match the professional tote that Moneik is making for me. Giggle.

007

Here's the cool cover that I whipped up:

017

And the inside:

016

018

019

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I can't wait to make a few more.

6 comments:

Moneik said...

It looks awesome! My mom made me one several years ago. I need to pull it out and use it or make a new one.

Beth said...

I like the look of that. Is that out of a magazine? or a book?

Shogun said...

I am commenting on the dog photo - I don't know how many times I took dozens of pictures of either my dog or my cat, trying to get them to drink some milk or catch a toy!! Poor animals - but the good photo was always worth it in the end (well, to me it was worth it...)

I do like the wonky strips!

Piwacket said...

OMG...that wrap is so cool! And Holly is learning to be a very good model. She must love her mama to put up with those darn flashy things in her eyes all the time.

jillquilts said...

Poor HB! Although, I am sure that you will be taking plenty of ninja pics in Nov! BTW, did you like the one they made me send on Friday?

Was the drink yummy? And the notebook looks awesome!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Is that wrap pattern in a Fons and Porter? I think that it might be similar to the one we used to put together our thinmbleberries binders.