Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Garden

This week we assembled our garden.  I’ll take pictures of the front when I get back from Minnesota.  I was going to do it today when I got home but my plants looked a little on the droopy side.  I figured I’d give them a few days to perk up. 


I have one pot of Pink Gerbera Daisies.


brewers 176 (2)

brewers 178

I have a hanging basket of Red Orange Lantanas.  The picture below is not one that I took.  I just pulled it off the web so you could see a good picture of the type of flower.  It’s my favorite to have in a hanging basket each summer.  Of course, right now it’s outside getting positively battered by the thunderstorm that we’re having.  Had I thought about it, I would have plucked it off of the Shepherds hook and put it on the back patio under the overhang.  The little flowers themselves are very delicate. 



I also have a hanging basket of Ivy Geraniums. 


Flowers 055


Last but not least, we have a Topsy Turvy full of Roma Tomato plants hanging in the back. 


Flowers 095


Now, I can’t take any credit for our garden.  Mike did all of the work.  I just pointed at the store and said I’d like this, this and that.  If I touch them I’ll be all hives and itching for the next few days.  He’s a good gardener man!!


I'm writing this post while sitting in the basement.  We have a tornado warning but it sounds like it just got cancelled…sure right when Holly finally calmed down.  I think it took that Benadryl about 3 hours to kick in.  We tried to do it in enough time before the storm so that she wouldn’t freak out as bad but…I guess it wasn’t early enough. 


I don’t know what compelled me to do it, but I decided to sign up for Twitter.  Not like Face book wasn’t enough.  Sigh.  I’m sure the novelty will wear off in 3.2 days but in the mean time….should you care to follow my bizarre and meaningless tweets you can follow me here: 


http://twitter.com/Cre8tiveQuilter



-Jen

2 comments:

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow sounds like your having some fun with the weather there. Another website to follow? I have a hard enough time keeping track of mine.. LOL .. between work, DR's appts and urgent care visits for migraines and other issues I haven't been keeping up with anything.. Smiles.. I'll catch up though

Moneik said...

The flowers are great. Your pictures always amaze me!