Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pez Fabric

I don't know if you know but I've always had a thing for PEZ.  (It's my Inner Dork)  My mom and Mike always get me new ones that come out for different occasions and a few special edition ones.  



Keepsake Quilting catalogue came today and I see Pez fabric so I get all excited.  Theirs is $8.96 per yard.



http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/9361.htm



I googled and found that Fabric Shack has it for $7.99 a yard. 



  http://www.fabricshack.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=1015434.3000.s0&product=aenathan_pez&productid=aenathan2800-1&keywords1=pez&sales=0&lastmenu=



On the Fabric Shack site I’m able to tell who the manufacturer is and I see it’s AE Nathan so I google them.  I've never heard of them but it looks like they sell to Walmart so it's got me thinking this isn't nice quilt shop quality fabric that it's maybe just that price because it's licensed.



Does anyone have any experience with AE Nathan Fabric?  Do they have different quality ranges of greige goods?  Or, has anyone seen the PEZ fabric in person and able to tell me what the quality of it is?



I'm beginning to think I’m going to need to order enough to make a tote bag.  If it turns out it’s nice fabric then I can re-order so I can make a quilt.  If it’s not nice fabric, then it will be just fine for a tote bag.  I’ll still have my PEZ!!

7 comments:

Rosaline said...

I haven't had any problems with AE Nathan in the past, and I'd be surprised if WalMart is selling it as they are closing out their fabric section (at least in most of their stores).

Moneik said...

I would get a small amount from one of those two quilt shops and try it as a tote. I would guess that thoe quilt shops have a higher grey goods quality.

Carol VR said...

Yep, I say that's geeky...LOL

Quilter In Paradise said...

WOW I love PEZ candy, too! and the dispensors are the greatest! this would make a great funky, conversation starter bag!
Beth in Dallas

jillquilts said...

You could always bribe a Fabric Shack local to check it out for you.... I'm just saying - my arm could be twisted....

And you failed to mention the one that made it's way onto your table at retreat...

giggle

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I buy the dispensers for my brother all the time.. he has a foot locker full of a bunch of them more added every year at christmas.

Some where I have one for you to replace one that holly played with.. where it got put in my move who knows

mayberrymom said...

I purchased this fabric and made a quilt for my sister's 60th birthday. She is an avid PEZ collector and she was thrilled when she received the quilt. I ordered the blue, green, pink and black colors. The only gripe I had was that there was a flaw in the pink fabric that wasn't caught until after I started cutting the squares out. Live and learn. :o)