Saturday, June 13, 2009

Special Blocks and Sashing

On Saturday morning I made my special blocks that are going into two quilts that we’re making for a friend whose son was killed in Iraq.  I’ve got quilts for his two children and the red, white and blue quilts are for his Wife and Mother.  In the grand scheme of things, these quilts are nothing.  I just hope these quilts are able to give some comfort.

brewers 001brewers 003

Mike and I went to the most pathetic Brewer Game that we’ve  been to in a long time.  The White Sox had as many fans in the stands as the Brewers and they had 6 runs by the second inning.  Thankfully, my camera kept me busy.

-Jen

3 comments:

Shogun said...

The quilts will let them know someone else out there cares, that always helps.

I love baseball games...from what I have seen on TV, many of the stands seem pretty empty regardless of the city or team.

Moneik said...

Your blocks look great. Can't wait to see them.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Ugh.. missed out on the comfort quilt again.. maybe I can make my squares into wall hangings or something