Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Super Clean and Organized Quilt Studio

Wooo hooo!! It's done. I no longer have to cre8te in squallar. While I folded fabric and organized a few drawers to make room for projects, Mom and Jen sorted my scraps into my bins for me. We ended up with a giant box for Sherry too. Local Friends of Mine...if you're in need of scraps, stop by and grab what you want out of my bins. I don't think I'm destined to be a scrap quilter but I'm more than happy to provide you all with them!!! But the idea of just getting rid of them all gives me hives. I mean, that's 11 years of quilts. Those fabrics have memories. And well, I'll probably only use about 1% of them with applique!!

IMG_1224
IMG_1225

I've got to get sewing cause my stash has grown a little out of control!!

IMG_1226

I owe my mom and Jen big time for helping me get my studio sorted out. If it wern't for them I'd still be sitting here overwhelmed and just looking at the mess unable to move!

Our Topsy Turvy Tomato Plants seem to be doing really well. They've grown quite a bit over this last week.

IMG_1229

Oh, and I almost forgot. Last week at some point I made a camera strap cover. I've been checking them out online. The first one I just did out of a 2-1/2" strip. Now that it's on my strap I know I need change a few dimensions, add some interfacing and try again. I have a few fabrics picked out so I'm sure sometime tomorrow I'll be making a really nice one.

securedownload

13 comments:

Vicki W said...

If your stash is out of control then mine is a certified disaster area!

Grandma Nina said...

Congratulations on your quilt studio. It looks great. I know I'm always energized to quilt, knit and sew more when my sewing room is cleaned up and organized.

Christine said...

Well, I would have come up and sorted your scraps a long time ago if you told me I could HAVE them. lol

Are you inspired to quilt? Sorting my fabric always works for me.

Yvette said...

What a great room! I am going to get mine in order when I am on vacation next month. You are welcome to come help. LOL

Quilter In Paradise said...

what a great room you have! now that you guys have the lesson plan down pat,,, PLEASE come organize my room!!
Beth in Dallas

Kristy James said...

WOW I love your quilt studio. I've have been in the mood to organize mine, but I get so overwhelmed by the mess and end up giving up. You have inspired me!

Beth said...

Don't feel too bad about your studio and stash. Number 1 is that : Stash gets VERY VERY hungry...you have to feed it more fabric OFTEN. ::::grin:::: and Number 2: I'm about to add a second room to my STUDIO. For SOME odd reason, my husband is resistant to the idea of knocking down a wall to give me a BIG studio. What's up with THAT???

Suzan said...

Please send your mom and Jen to my house! Your studio looks great. I completely understand the feeling of being overwhelmed. Mine looks like a train wreck!

Tina said...

So nice! Looks really great and now creative too!

Joyce said...

Your studio looks way better than mine. Love your camera strap. I see you have a Canon. Which model do you have?

Moneik said...

Your studio looks awesome. I wish I had that much room! I'm always refreshed and ready to sew after cleaning up my area.

Patchwork Penguin said...

Is that thing at the bottom of the picture what is known as a floor???? I think I lost mine.

Looks good!!

Nancy

Piwacket said...

The quilt studio is absolutely outstanding. All that hard work has paid off in a beautiful way!