Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Tale of Emma and the Five Walls

Houston, we have a problem.  Remember this wall hanging?  Fresh Emma?  Chinese Coins?  Whatever you want to call it??


quilts 006


Well, it was supposed to hang in our kitchen on the wall between the sink and the fridge.  Only it’s too big. 


Then, I thought I’d try to to hang it on the wall with the water cooler…but there it was too long.  This is sort of starting to sound like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. 


I tried to hang it in the half bath (half bath does not adequately describe our bathroom.  It’s more like an 1/8th to a 1/4), only it was too long.


Feeling discouraged I tried it on the front door.  Only it was as wide as the front door and covered the lock.  That wasn’t going to work either.


So now, it’s hanging at the top of the stair case.  Not exactly what I wanted to hang there but I suppose for the time being it will be just fine there.


quilts 007

quilts 010

6 comments:

Cindy said...

It looks great I'm glad it found a wall to hang on.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I think it looks great there, too! You...overachiever, YOU! Giggle!

Julie-Ann said...

I have a quilt hanging midway up my staircase. Since the only bathroom I have is upstairs, everyone who comes to my house and "has the urge" sees it. I've heard a lot of "oh, wows!" as friends/family members go up the stairs. Your quilt is so bright and cheerful, I think you found the best place for it.

Moneik said...

I have a couple quilts that hang sideways going down the staircase. They get noticed there! I'm thinking I may try that pattern (or wing it) with something similar for my objects of desire hanging.

Trish said...

I have lots of wall space at my house..... send it my way.... I hate to see you suffer like that, trying to find a place to hang it.... LOL

quiltin cntrygrl said...

It still looks beautiful no matter where you put it. I haven't worked on any wall hangings as of yet but there are some in the thought process. I have mark martin fabric for Keith and its not enough to do much of anything so .. its a possible.. Yes I added more nascar fabric to the stash