Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Twins Vs. Astros at the HHH Dome

Gosh, I didn’t even know who to cheer for! I mean sure it’s the Twins home but I’ve never cheered for the Twins or the Astros since they play against the Brewers.


To get to the game we went via light rail. Light Rail is something that’s been talked about from time to time that they’d like to do in the Milwaukee area. I’ve got to admit, I found it pretty cool. And I found it cool that I got a blurred action shot to work…in the dark no less!!! Woot!


IMG_1016


To me, the inside of the Metrodome seemed much smaller than Miller park. It just seemed tiny. But, once I checked out some of the facts, it actually does hold more people for baseball games. Metrodome – 48,000 and Miller Park – 41,900.


I found it interesting that in the Metrodome the home teams dug out is on the third base side. At Miller Park, the home teams dug out is on the first base side. I guess I’ve just always assumed it was a standard kind of thing.


It shocked me that they don’t have what I always thought was a standard bullpen area. Even in County Stadium we had bullpens that were off of the field.


IMG_0963

Most amazing to me was trying to figure out how much fabric was on the inside of the roof. Which I’ll have you know is 800,000 square feet.


IMG_0980

2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

very cool! and all that fabric....wow! sounds like you enjoyed it!

SarahJean said...

I'm feeling guilty now...I didn't know that much about my own dome!

Glad you had fun. ;)