Sunday, June 28, 2009

Woo hoo the Cre8tivity is Back!!

And boy, did I get the stuff done today!! Mom came over to sew, and she worked on a tote bag. I quilted and bound two baby panels to send to Hannah. I also put the binding on Pampered Pooch #1, now I just need to get it hand sewn to the back.

The first one doesn't photograph well. It's very light in colors. The words on it say, "Would you Like to Swing on a Star, carry moonbeams home in a jar." When I was 4 and in ballet that was one of the songs we did at our recital so I just think it's extra cute.

IMG_1234

The second one is Humpty Dumpty.

IMG_1237


I also worked on a wall hanging for the 4th of July. I thought I could put it on my front door. From the picture, it was super cute and all the pieces looked very much in proportion. But, I noticed when I traced it that certain pieces were really, really big so I cut many of them down before I fused them to the background. The pattern was also hand written and while the author probably thought her hand writing was super cool and trendy looking, it was really hard to read. Tracing the pattern was difficult as well, the pieces were all over the pattern and it was interesting trying to figure out which piece you were really tracing because there were arrows pointing all over. I also noticed a few discrepancies between what I was tracing and what the photograph on the cover looked like so it was difficult to assemble the bike. By the time I finally got it all ironed down I was pretty disenchanted by the whole project. I opted to just cross hatch the entire thing and skip sewing around each piece. The pieces themselves were too wonky. It's cute, but I'm glad I just need to bind it and attach a hanging sleeve to call it finished. Everything except for the blue background and the backing was pulled from my scrap bins!

IMG_1232


7 comments:

Julie-Ann said...

Hi Jen -

I think they are all adorable. Is the moonbeams baby quilt made from a panel?

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

So cute! You're using scraps? Hmmmmmmmmm.....you and I will have to make a scrap quilt together one day. We'll get you over your fear of scraps yet!

Cindy said...

I think the 4th of July wall hanging turned out cute.

Trish said...

I like them all.... and I'm glad your creativity is back, mine seems to be on vacation.....

piecesofpatti said...

I love them all! You are so cre8tive..........giggle

Shogun said...

That humpty dumpty one takes me back - my daughter was obsessed with Humpty Dumpty when she was very little.

Moneik said...

They both are super cute and I'm so glad you got your groove back. I think I'm starting to get mine back, just no finishes to speak of.