Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July Quilting

I didn’t get as much done on the 4th of July as I had hoped but it was still a good day in the land of quilt.  I quilted the Triple Treat quilt that I finished assembling the day before.  At the last minute I decided not to put batting in it.  I have flannel on the back and since the baby this is going to lives in Arizona, I thought a  lightweight quilt would be a good idea.

IMG_0174 

I also finished my apron.

IMG_0176

I started quilting my Diamond Log Cabin Wall Hanging.

IMG_0168 IMG_0167

I started cross hatching in one inch intervals.

We had an awesome turkey breast dinner that Mike made on the grill and we went to watch the fireworks that New Berlin shot off.  We were able to meet up with my Cousin Mike, his wife and their three kids.  They live in Minnesota and I only get to see them once a year on a good year.  I can’t believe how those kids have grown!

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Your TTP looks great! I love that quilt. The apron is super cute too. You were so productive over the weekend I'm jealous.

piecesofpatti said...

Looks to me like you got quite a bit done! Everything looks great. You are so creative!

Cindy said...

I need to make that apron for work too it's nice and small. That dinner Mike made was fantastic. I was dreaming about turkey and almost came over to steal a piece.