Friday, July 3, 2009

Best Off Day EVER!!!

I was up and in Quilt Studio East before 9 am and set to quilting the Quilts of Valor. At the last minute I decided that the Red, White and Blue Variegated thread on the top of the quilt was going to just be too much. I went with White on the top and actually took the RWB variegated thread and threw it on the bobbin. I knew I'd be changing a lot, but it really wasn't too bad since I was prepared for it. 12 bobbins later I was done quilting.  The RWB on the edges is actually the binding.  I got it attached and now Sherry will sew it down.  We’re doing a trade – binding for frame quilting.  There’s no better trade than that!!

Quilt #1

IMG_0029IMG_0035 

Quilt  #2

 IMG_0033IMG_0031

Once those were done, I pulled out the pink and brown baby quilt that I’m making for Hannah.  I had the blocks done previously at an ETPWP night and they just got put to the side in lieu of other projects.  I got the top assembled, borders added, backing pieced and binding made.  I’ll get it quilted tomorrow.

IMG_0038

Before packing up to go to Maureen’s to sew, I started a new apron for work.  I’m making one for myself and Emma.  I’ll get them finished up tomorrow.  I just need to add the waist band and ties and it’s done. 

IMG_0028

Jen and I packed up our stuff and went over to Maureen’s to sew for the rest of the evening.  I took the Double Irish Chain quilt that I’m making for Mike.  I figured it would be a very low maintenance project to take along.  I’m quite surprised that I got all of my strip sets sewn for Block A and have them cut apart.  Not bad for a few hours work!

IMG_0042

 

It’s looking a little drab so far.  I’m hoping once I add the B Blocks to the equation that it perks up a bit.  Otherwise maybe a red binding will perk things up a bit.  Then again it’s a quilt for Mike and he’ll probably like the way it turns out.

6 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

What about talkin to me? And Patti? Where's that in this post about the best day off ever? Isn't that what really made it the best? LOL...Giggle! I still think you were all goofy and drinking or something....hahahahaaa
Have another great day today, you Freak!

Vicki W said...

You did have a great day!

Piwacket said...

You did have a good, productive day! The QOVs really turned out great and I love the backs.

Regina said...

WOW -great stuff! Love the QOV's -but really really love that baby quilt!!!

Moneik said...

Wow! Sounds like you had tons of fun and got a lot done. The QOV quilts look awesome!

Trish said...

Wow.... the back of the QOV quilts look great, you really put a lot of effort into them.