Sunday, July 5, 2009

Diamond Log Cabin is Quilted!

I now have the whole Diamond Log Cabin quilted. I was toying with doing another batch of quilting taking it from 1/2" cross hatching to 1/4" cross hatching. Now that I've taken a nap, I think I've decided to just leave it be. Is more quilting going to make it look better? Probably not since it's mono-filament. My main reason of cross hatching to begin with was to not take away from the look of the piecing so I’m leaving it alone.

IMG_0170 IMG_0171 IMG_0172 IMG_0173

I’m shutting down the Quilt Studio for the night.  It’s time to work on hand sewing the binding!

I can’t believe all the things I got done this weekend.  I’m seriously impressed with myself!  I even went on a very short bike ride…man I’m beyond out of shape but at least I got out there and did it.

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks awesome Jen, you should be very proud of all you got done this weekend!

Cindy said...

The colors on the post don't even do it justice. That piece ROCKS.

butrfly2200 said...

Wow, Jen that's a great quilt. Where did you get the pattern. It's really neat. I might like to put that one on my to do list.
;)Carol

Suzan said...

Freakin' gorgeous!! The cross hatching was a great way to quilt it.

Shogun said...

So when can I come pick this up?

OK, just kidding, but I LOVE this quilt. I love everything about it.

Kristy James said...

The Diamond Log Cabin is TOTALLY AWSOME! You rock!

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's awesome! Did you quilt that on the frame? WOW!

Moneik said...

It looks awesome and I wouldn't quilt it any smaller. It's really amazing what quilting does for a piece, even when it's simple.

Julie-Ann said...

It is a beautiful quilt and perfect just the way it is!

Winona said...

Just lovely! You did a great job. Winona

piecesofpatti said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful quilt! I still cannot believe how much you can get done in one weekend. You go girl!!!!

imquilternity said...

It's beautiful and I love your choice of fabrics!

JoAnne said...

I love your quilt! I have been agonizing for months trying to decide how to quilt the lob cabin top I'm made! I had been told that a pieced quilt, with all those straight lines, MUST have some curves in the quilting! I am going to cross hatch it! I'm so glad I found your blog and this quilt! Thank you, thank you! Now I can finish my quilt!