Friday, July 24, 2009

A good day for quilting

Today was a pretty good day in the land of quilt.  I made a notions bag and a sewing machine apron for one of the ladies in our ETPWP sewing group.  It was her birthday last month so she didn’t come.  We decided to surprise her this month with a belated party.  I made this set out of a Moda Portugal Charm Pack.  I bought it last year but it’s really not my style so it was perfect for a gift.

IMG_0297

I decided to make a photo birthday card for her.  Years ago I bought the  blank cards to put my photos in and then I didn’t do much with them.  I had fun putting these 6 together. 

IMG_0299

Unfortunately,  just as I was contemplating which card to give to Joyce, I got a text from Jen saying Joyce wasn’t going to be at group because she had some last minute company drop in.  I guess we’ll hold our little celebration out for next month.

IMG_0296

I worked on cutting out my Bistro In & Out quilt.  I started cutting this last fall and I kept putting it away because it really required a lot of concentration to cut.  I had to be very careful.  I think I’d rather cut 1001 little pieces for paper piecing than cut for a quilt like this.  I think it took  me longer to cut than it will to sew the blocks.

With my Bistro blocks cut out, I decided to add the final strip to my Snapshots Pampered Pooch blocks.  They’re now ready to be turned into a quilt top.

IMG_0294

Here’s a group shot in our new classroom:

IMG_0291

5 comments:

animal lover, quilt lover said...

You are so so prolific!! That sewing machine apron and notion bag are so pretty. There are colors I sure like. I envy your body. You can do and do & do!
Hugs Fern

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Way to go Jen! Looks like you had a great day. I didn't even make it to the sewing room yesterday...but I plan to remedy that today! Later!

piecesofpatti said...

Good job, Jen. You put me to shame. I get so little done these days. My work schedule sucks!!!!! Oh well, like one i said....... I also plan to remedy that today!

Moneik said...

You did an awesome job. Love the apron and notions tote. What size do you start with for the tote? Your pictures are awesome and I love the cards. I hate patterns that take so much time to cut out. I cut one out last night that was super easy... good thing because I had a glass of wine too.

Cindy said...

Good job and we did have a great time last night at our sew in at the shop.