Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

I thought the 4th of July would be a great time to do a post on all of the different patriotic items that I’ve made over the years. My favorite of all time is my Yo-Yo flag. Made with the Small Yo-Yo maker by Clover this flag was created with 273 yo-yo’s. 13X21 rows – 63 Blue, 111 Red & 99 White. To assemble the flag I used a 2.5 wide zig-zag stitch with my feed dogs dropped. I pushed the yo-yo’s together, zig-zagged a few times and moved onto the next.

DSCF1311

Fabric Post Cards are always a fun surprise to receive in the mail. The 4th of July is a nice holiday to send them. It’s unexpected.

DSCF0983 DSCF0982

A fun door banner that I made using a paper pieced heart.

Flag Banner

I quilted a Campbell’s Soup Flag for my Mom since she works for Campbell’s.

S4011215

The new Bicycle Banner that I made for our Front Door.

IMG_1277

A cute Table Topper.

SN851529

A Carol Doak Paper Pieced Block that is called Wisconsin.

SN851659

A quilt for my Cousin Tracey.

TraceysLogCabin

A Quilt for my friend Tom.

TomsAmericanIrishChain020

Blocks for the QOV quilt. The pattern for an entire QOV quilt can be found HERE. It’s a very sharp quilt that will go on my quilt bucket list.

brewers 001

The newly finished Quilts of Valor.

IMG_0033 IMG_0029

I’ll leave you with some “interesting” fireworks shots. I didn’t use a tripod so they aren’t the steadiest shots but they aren’t blurry either. They’re interesting. Actually I think they are pretty cool.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great stuff. I realized after putting up my 1 4th of July decoration this year that I better get going! You've just given me more inspiration!

Infinity Quilter said...

Love all the pictures, especially the Campbell's soup flag...very creative.

Kristy James said...

I love the yo yo quilt! I've been working on one for my best friend, but have sort of stalled on it. You've inspired me to get moving on it again. I'm glad to hear that you put it together on the machine. I was dreading stitching those together by hand. I can't wait to try your method!

Happy 4th.

Moneik said...

You've done an amazing amount of RWB quilts. I have a couple but they didn't even get put up this year, except for my Mt. Rushmore one which stays up in my office year round.