Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hey There Delilah….

By the time my sewing room is complete I’ll have the pink and black Delilah fabric on my ironing board, in a table runner, on a quilt and my window valance. 

I’ve only planned to do this ironing board for HOW LONG??  Months??  It took less than 5 minutes.  I ended up using a double layer of Hobbs 80/20, a single layer of Thinsul-brite and then the fabric.  I had wanted to put the heat reflective silver stuff between the Thinsul-brite and the fabric but at that exact moment I couldn’t put my hands on where I put it so I went without it.  I held everything in place while Mike shot it with staples.  I think I need one more staple in the front though.

 IMG_0737 IMG_0739 

I also managed to get my 48 Ocean Waves Blocks complete.  Now to turn them into 4 patches!  I’m starting to get VERY excited!!

IMG_0740

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's such a great idea! I've been watching for an "extra" tv tray cause Garry won't let me use one of the four we have...it's a set, ya know! I bet I'll find one at a yard sale or thrift shop...but I don't go to those! Ha! Love the Ocean Waves...that one is awesome!

Moneik said...

It looks great! I was just thinking I should make myself a smaller one. The one I have is just a bit too big for moving all the time. Your Ocean Waves is going to rock. Can't wait to see it finished.

Cindy said...

OK now I need to make mine since my other surface moves around so much. I may need to borrow the staple gun.