Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It’s All 1I’s Fault

That’s right, you heard me. I can’t believe I’m about to admit this.

SHE’S TALKED ME INTO MAKING A SCRAP QUILT AND I’M EVEN BEING A WILLING PARTICIPANT.

She found this quilt on Sunshine Quilts called Peaches and Dreams. After looking at it, I really liked the design of it. I decided if I was ever going to pull off making a scrap quilt, this would be the way to do it. One color. I figured the color in my stash with the least offensive scraps is my Yellow Bin. Most of them are tone on tone scraps.

IMG_0203

This month was supposed to be for cutting and next month for sewing but I think I need to strike while the iron is hot. I decided that my quilt will be 12 blocks set 3 x 4 and finishing around 68” X 80”. I started out with the large rectangle. I cut all the pieces and then sewed them right away. I figure if I work on one section a week I won’t get too bored with the cutting. Here is my stack of 12 rectangles:

IMG_0204

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm doing the same one in Teal but your yellow version is going to be awesome!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Looks great, Jen! I told you that you could do it! Don't you just feel all "scrappy" now? Woohooo! It's a great pattern. Glad you're enjoying it. What color are you doing next? Giggle

Julie-Ann said...

I like it! I have so much fabric laying arond I would love to get involved with something like this.

I think you will love it when it is completed.

Trish said...

Moving over to the dark side.... you may never find your way back...lol

Moneik said...

Keep blaming 1I... I need to get on mine. It looks so awesome! I'm excited to get started now, but I need to have some time to work on it. Are you going to do each section a different color of scrap or all yellow?

piecesofpatti said...

Woo-hoo, Scrappy-dappy-doo! I like the yellow. Cool! Worked on mine today! I am doing fall colors. Next I would like to do one for Christmas! Fun quilt and easy! Love it!

Jen said...

Now if you make a scrap quilt out of Kaffe - then I am really going to be scared and will have to stage an intervention. I was hoping you might do it in pink or green to see what it would look like... Oh well...

animal lover, quilt lover said...

I love scrap quilts!! BUT they do make a mess in my sewing room. I will have fabric all over the place. I really love the finished quilt tho the best of all.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Pretty!! I like it.. its always better to strike while the iron is hot!!