Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Movies


Mike and I went to see Harry Potter tonight. It was really good, a lot more humerous than the previous movies. Still doesn't compare to the book.

Of course Mike just keeps saying Ginny as if it's Jenny from Forest Gump. Sigh.

I have a movie quirk. Jen V got to see it last week. It's all my High School best friend Peggy's fault. We'd go to the movies and she'd put extra popcorn salt in a napkin so when she got halfway through she could re-salt. I've done this ever since except I throw a shaker in my purse. I think Mike and I have had this same movie salt shaker for about 9 years now.

I'm done taking shit for it...considering the movie theaters now sell mini seasonings!!


7 comments:

Moneik said...

What will they come up with next?? Napkins attached to the seats?

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Thats funny! I actually have those seasonings in the cabinet at home for our microwave popcorn.. we hardly ever use them though.

Heather

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Jen I have not been to a movie in probably 20 years. I think they cost too much!! Cheaper to rent. Popcorn at home, put what ever you want on it. Fern

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm all about the popcorn...no weird seasonings...just floating in that fake butter stuff they use at the theaters....yummmmmy! And salt....

Michele said...

Umm...and what WOULD be the difference between Ginny and Jenny?

LOL - my daughter gives me a hard time a LOT for pronouncing pin and pen the same - cause they ARE the same!!!

piecesofpatti said...

Yum, popcorn........I go to the movies for the popcorn! Although, a good movie is o.k. too! Don't care for the seasonings, just salt.

Do you have to share your popcorn with Mike or can you have your own? I have to share mine with hubby and he does not like the butter! Needless to say, I would rather go to the movies with the girls......Hah!

momtofatdogs said...

No shit to give here. When we go to the movies, I purposely take my larged "bag" and put all our goodies in there. Candy bars, popped pop corn, drinks - i have always done it & always will.

Used to bring dinner in divided plates when we went to drive-ins....WE still have drive-ins, here in the south!

Sam in Middle TN