Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ocean Waves Progress

My Mom was off of work today so Holly and I packed up and went to her house to sew for the day.  Since she was going to sew on her featherweight I got to use her 6600.  While she debated on sewing at the kitchen table and I debated running back home for one of my four foot tables an idea sprung into my head.   Why not put her featherweight on top of the Treadle Sewing Machine Cabinet??  So she did.

IMG_0277

I sewed all of my 4 patches into 8 patches.  100 total.  Of course, I sewed 50 of them incorrectly and had to rip and re-sew them. 

IMG_0288 IMG_0287

The next step will be to turn the 8 patches into 16 patches.   Since this is a quilt that I need to do on a 6600 because of the bulk of the seams it may be a few days until I get back to it.  There’s a long way to go on this one!

While we sewed, Holly napped on the couch.  The way her leg is curled around just kills me.  I laugh every time I see it.

IMG_0286

At one point, as a joke my mom put a quilt over Holly.  She laid under it for about 2 hours.  When she woke up from her nap she started wagging her tail.  It made me giggle because it peeked out from the other side of the quilt.

IMG_0276

What can I say, I’m easily amused these days!!

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a great day sewing! Too bad about the frog stitching. Can't wait to see how they turn out today.

Cindy said...

It was a great day of sewing. It's always fun when I can spend it with you and Holly.

Michelle said...

Wow, that's a lot of unsewing to have to do... But looks like you're making great progress!

piecesofpatti said...

Looking good. Love the colors!

Piwacket said...

I always enjoy seeing your quilts, but they come in second place whenever we get to see Holly. She's such a cutie!