Friday, July 31, 2009

Organ Sewing Machine Needles are TOUGH!

I’ve been doing some sewing this afternoon.  I started off making a block roll up that I promised Regina at quilt retreat.

I decided then that it was time to pull out my Mini Miranda – something that I started working on before retreat.  Things were going along just fine, quite well in fact.  I guess a little too well.  Next thing I knew, I was having a hard time topstitching the flap onto my purse.  I couldn’t figure out what the problem was.  I rethreaded and moved the purse back into position and still had issues.  Then I realized…I sewed my purse to my Olfa cutting mat.  Only me!!

\

I changed my needle then because it was a tad bent yet unbroken.  In no time, I was finished with my purse.

 

Now, I need to make a Wonder Wallet and possibly a small drawstring bag to put my camera in. 

It may be the last day in July, but I knocked two UFO’s off of my June list.  I’ll get the last one done tonight.  At least I’ll only be a month behind in my UFO progress now!

9 comments:

QuiltingB29 said...

Thank you for the laugh! I never knew this was possible. I'm glad your machine survived :-D

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yay! Yippeeee! My block roll up is done! (doin' a happy dance here and it ain't purty!) Love the bag but oops with the mat! Smooth move! Looked like something I would do though.....

piecesofpatti said...

Great bag, now that the extra piece is gone! Ha-Ha. I am glad Regina's roll up is done. Now I don't have to hear about it anymore, you know how she goes on and on and on.......................tee-hee!

Moneik said...

Love the block roll up! Wanna send me the dimensions so I can make one? Your Mini Miranda looks great and I'm still laughing over the mat...no self healing on this one.

Cindy said...

Only my daughter could sew the mat to the purse. Gotta love the Janome 6600 it's a strong machine.

Gina said...

I've done that aswell only I wasn't so lucky with the needle as it broke and threw my tension out.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Julie-Ann said...

OMG - Well, I have to admit out of all of the dumb things I have done while quilting, sewing the mat to the material isn't one of them! LOL The purse turned out beautiful.

Vicki W said...

Oh great, just another mistake I can look forward to in my future! I didn't know the machine would sew through a cutting mat! The bag looks great though.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Everything looks great and I am super excited that you are getting so much done! I bet your enjoying it. Fortunately mowing the lawn took alot out of me so my sewing was minimal but I did get something finished