Friday, July 17, 2009

Peaches & Dreams quilt along part 2

I originally intended to do this next batch of 24 blocks in two separate steps over a two week period.  Not only am I early in starting them but I made them both.  I don’t know what it is about this quilt that has me drawn to it.  Maybe it has to do with me overcoming my fear of scrap quilting.  Maybe it’s the challenge of making this entire quilt – front and back out of my scraps and stash that is keeping me going.  It also looked very intimidating to cut everything out and since I decided I was going to cut a step, sew a step, it really hasn’t been bad at all.  I will say though, I’m a little shocked that my bin of yellow scraps does not seem to be going down AT ALL.  I swear to god those scraps are multiplying like rabbits!

IMG_0213

5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh, Jen! That's gonna be one very sweet lookin' quilt! Isn't it so easy to do? I was amazed! I'm proud of you for using your scraps and look how cool it's gonna be!

Trish said...

Looking very good! And yes, scraps and stash grow all by themselves (at least that's what I tell Hubby....)!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Scraps are like that you know! They do multiply and multiply again!!! But they make the best quilts of all. Have you ever been to my blog? I would love it if you would come for a visit.
fernreed@gmail.com/blogspot.com

Kelly's Kwips said...

That looks like fun! Can't wait to see it finished.

piecesofpatti said...

They look great! What a fun quilt! Love the yellows! I am working on mine, just have not had the time to take pictures yet!