Saturday, August 1, 2009

Binding & Blocks

Linda quilted a quilt a few weeks back for her co-workers wedding.  She decided not to hand stitch the binding but wasn’t too keen on her machine binding skills to give it a go for a gift so I offered to do it.  I think it turned out pretty nice.  I used Monofilament thread for the top and bobbin.

Next I moved onto my Moda U blocks.  I have two more patterns to make and then I can assemble the top.  I should have the top together within the next couple of days.  I’ve been putting off using these stripe prints and was glad there was finally a block that I could use them in!

5 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

I tried to machine stitch a binding one time. It did not work out very well. I guess I need more practice. The stripe fabric works out good with that pattern.

Kelly's Kwips said...

Your binding looks great. I've always wanted to try that. I love to look at what you've quilted. You do such nice work!

Moneik said...

Great job on the binding. It looks so nice and I'm sure she really appreciates it. Your Moda U blocks look so awesome. Can't wait to see the final quilt.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Your binding looks great! Someday I will be able to sew things as great as you do.. I just need more practice. I love the colors that you have been using for your Moda U blocks.

cre8tivecrys said...

Everything looks lovely. I am in awe of you machine binding skills. I seriously need more practice.