Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthday and Holidays

I swiped this picture from my Mom's blog because I quilted it for her, I get to use it as a Start to Finish project.


Ethans Birthday Banner 013

On Saturday after Patched Works closed for the day we had a Holiday Project Open House to showcase all of the new holiday items in the shop. While listening to Julie's presentation she mentioned how the idea behind this gathering was because of the Holiday Presentations that Minnesota Fabrics did in the 80's. I had forgotten about those. Every year, my Mom, Grandma and I would go to these events. The presentation was always fun for me to go to - even as a small child. It was the waiting while my Mom and Grandma poured over the new fabrics and patterns and waited to get things cut that would just kill me. Never in their wildest dreams did they think I'd become the quilter that I am today. Then again, at that point in time, neither did I!!


2 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

Really like the birthday runner. Saw it on your mom's blog. Looks great quilted! Good job!

Moneik said...

The quilting looks great! Good Job.