Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cute Little Drawstring Bag

I just whipped up this cute little drawstring bag tonight. I wanted one to put in my purse for my camera to keep it safe from keys and such.

I should have made a sample first before cutting the last piece of this Kaffe fabric that I had left because the camera fits a little tightly. But, it will work just fine until the next purse change out. I managed to sew the draw string sleeve right side out instead of in so tomorrow I'll rip that out and re-sew it I also used Grosgrain ribbon for the drawstrings and I'm finding that to be a little too grabby so I'll swap that out when I go to re-sew the drawstring casing.

IMG_0925
IMG_0926

The pattern that I used for this little bag is a Lazy Girl Designs pattern that's been out forever. I didn't even realize it existed until I saw it at Frank's a few weeks back.

3 comments:

Moneik said...

It looks great! I think you've done an awesome job using up the Kaffe fabric.

piecesofpatti said...

Another great finish!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Very cute.. I have to make a bag and pouch for my phone.. I have too many things to carry now instead of putting it all in my pockets I am going to have to break down and get or make a purse and I don't want the touch screen on my phone messed up :-)