Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A day with 3 Projects

In sewing today with Mom and Sherry I got a lot accomplished.  A crazy amount.

First I cut all of the setting triangles for the Moda U quilt.  I also got 3 out of 5 columns assembled.  I set it down after the three because I was starting to get frustrated with how the setting triangles were eventually going to even out.  There’s always another day!!  I figure if I put the other two columns together tomorrow, then I can sew the 5 columns together the next day.

 

Next I pulled out a 9 degree tree skirt kit.  I have all three of my strip sets made, tomorrow I will get them cut into wedges and start sewing the skirt together.  It really doesn’t look like much right now…but you just wait!

Since I didn’t have the wedge ruler with me, I moved onto the last project in my bag – a Tag Along Tote by Terry Atkinson Designs.  I decided to start with a gift for my friend Diane.  A few weeks back, we were discussing a small bag that she could wear across her body to hold her wireless glucose monitor and then from time to time, be throwing in her Blackberry and or her digital camera.  This just might fit the bill!

It looks quite purple in the picture but it actually has quite a bit of olive green in the batiks.  This pattern is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.  I can’t wait to make more!

I’ve had a few comments lately with people wondering what a Wonder Wallet is.  It’s a pattern by Lazy Girl Designs.

 

3 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

Looks like a good day! Love the fabrics for the tree skirt. I like anything that is Christmassy! The bag is very cute!

Diana Laurence said...

Jen, you are the BEST to make me that awesome bag! I can't wait to try it out. On Saturday I was running across the street downtown and my CGM fell out of my jeans pocket. On impact the batteries fell out. We had to stand in semi-traffic to collect the monitor, the "lid" and the batteries. Of course it meant a disconnection, and that meant the sensor I was wearing (value: $50) was no good anymore. This kind of thing won't happen when I have this great bag!

Julie-Ann said...

Wow! You got a lot done. I love your selections of fabric. The purse looks great.