Saturday, August 29, 2009

I overcame the Oil Cloth Lunch Bag!!!

Remember all the ripping I did earlier in the week? I finally got that quilt back on the frame and finished it. I've never been so happy to get a quilt off the frame before in my life. The binding is on and it's just awaiting hand stitching. That quilt was a nightmare and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's my machine, maybe it's a different batting, maybe it's cause I was so stressed out by the ripping. I don't know.

Once that was done, I started on my lunch bag. It turned out so well that I'll be making a new one for my Mom. Then we can get rid of that awful zippered, stiff, poor excuse for a bag!! This one just has one layer of oil cloth and then I used an orange cotton fabric on the inside and I just pinked the edges instead of doing a french seam. I also added velcro along the top.


IMG_1131
IMG_1132
IMG_1133
IMG_1134

With one more week to go in the Waun-a-quilt UFO challenge I better stop working on new projects and cross a few more UFO's off my list. Now that I don't seem so overwhelmed by the amount of UFO's that I have, I am actually pretty excited about continuing to work on them even once the challenge is over. There is light at the end of this tunnel!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that oil cloth - it makes me think summer, which seems to have disappeared! The fabric inside is a perfect complement to it too.

Piwacket said...

What a cute bag! I love the fabrics you've chosen for the outside and the inside. I've never used oil cloth so I need to read your "What I've Learned" Section.

Jennifer said...

Very cute...glad this round worked out so much better!

Cindy said...

That lunch bag turned out so cute and it went together so quick. All I've thought about since I got home last night was I need to go to the grocery store and buy some really good looking oranges.

piecesofpatti said...

The lunch bag looks great! Way to go, Jen!

Moneik said...

Great job on the bag. I need to get my oil cloth bag done now!