Monday, August 17, 2009

Just Watch It…..

If you’ve read my blog for any amount of time you’ve noticed that once I get a Cre8tive idea in my head I just have to run with it.  I saw something at the fair that sparked my interest.  I wasn’t home for more than 10 minutes when I was texting with my Mom about how we had to run to the J store.  After I told her the plan, she was in. 

We came home with Ribbon Watch Faces and the only package of D-rings the store had in the size we needed which meant we could only make a total of TWO watch bands. 

I made a few trial runs to get the correct size and body and then I pulled out a strip that was remaining from my Kaffe fabric.  I know, I promised that drawstring bag was the last item but it’s not!  LOL. 

Here’s our cute cre8tions…

It’s a very comfortable watch to wear.  I can’t wait to get more d-rings and make some more bands!!

Here’s Mom’s on her wrist:

and mine:

17 comments:

Moneik said...

So super cute! What a great way to show off new fabrics.

Karen said...

Now there's something you can do with all your scraps...you could have one to match every outfit..and your Mom's outfits...and your cousin's outfits...and your etc, etc. until all your scraps are gone! lol :)

Piwacket said...

Jen, those are awesome!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

I love them!!! So cute! You are so clever!!
Hugs Fern

Barb said...

Those are adorable. I just might have to try that and I think I already have a ribbon watch around here somewhere.

Winona said...

How cute! You are rubbing off on me. I made myself a camera bag strap last week. Mine broke, so I just pieced some fabric, added some fusible fleece to the back side, then sewed it to my case. I am quite pleased with it. I would never have thought of making my own, if I hadn't seen yours here on your blog. So thanks. You are an inspiration. Winona

Jennifer said...

Very cute! And I thought the fair only inspired more ways to fry food!

Julie-Ann said...

They are really nice and so much fun to see and wear!

Any chance of a pattern?

piecesofpatti said...

That is such a great idea. You are so cre8tive! No wonder you can't sleep. Your mind is going 100 miles and hour.....lol!

Treasa said...

What a cute band.When do you rest??? :)

Cindy said...

I wore mine all day today and can say it's the most comfortable watch band I've ever had on. Even in this horrible humidity we're having it was great.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

That is f-u-n! Would make a great teachers gift with several different "seasonal" bands. Cheers!

Christine said...

Wow, I love those! Too cute!

Regina said...

Looks comfy.

Laura Krasinski said...

OMG girl... that is excellent.. you should sell them.. I will be your first customer ..... Lo

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love 'em! Great idea! You are so Cre8tive!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

what a great idea!! I love them