Monday, August 10, 2009

A little quilting, A little assembly

I decided today was the day to quilt the mock bargello quilt. I’ve been missing having something to hand sew when I’m in the living room watching TV so it was time to get something done. I marked my pattern with quilters masking tape and just followed the peaks and valleys. Once the first set of stitches was done I used the quilting bar to keep an even amount of difference between each row. I decided to use a black batik for binding to give it a striking frame.

Despite the picture, it is very square. I’ll wait to iron it out again until the hand sewing is done.

After that was complete I decided it was high time to work on a bag that has sat unfinished for about 9 months. I got a good amount done and by tomorrow afternoon it should be complete.

7 comments:

Moneik said...

The quilt looks great! I need to do one sometime soon. I need to get that bag done soon so I can give it away!

Vicki W said...

the mock bargello is very clever!

Jennifer said...

The bargello looks great - love the quilting on it.

Cindy said...

It looks great I can't wait to see it hanging.

Shogun said...

What are those beautiful flowers in that fabric? They look like gaillardia. And I love the colors in the bag you are making.

piecesofpatti said...

Great quilt! I never knew what a bargello was until I started hanging with all of you. I am really starting to step out of the box. I am getting interested in all the bright colors. Never was me before, but I like it!

kimquiltz said...

Beautiful flames, lovely color choices, the quilting adds so much dimension, yet doesn't take away from the design. Inspiring!