Friday, August 7, 2009

Mary’s Moonlight Madness

Tonight was Mary’s open sew night at the shop.  These open sew nights are growing more and more popular.  Mary was knitting a sweater.  I should have asked to take a picture of it because I was blown away by it.  It was red and white and although I didn’t look at it up close, I’m pretty sure it had stars and reindeer in it.  It honestly looked like something so perfect that it could have been done by a knitting machine and sold in a store.  I’ve never seen anything knit look soooooo amazing. 

My friend Sue finished her Underground Railroad quilt that she’s been working on for the last few months.  It turned out awesome!

I decided to work on a UFO.  Maureen and I bought a kit last fall at a quilt show last fall called Fallen Leaves by Cindi Edgerton.  There was enough tissue paper foundations and almost enough fabric to make two complete 21” square wall hangings.  I cut for both of us.  Well, I cut two leaves and put it away for about 9 months.  I brought it out last night and had the whole thing cut within an hour.  So why did I wait??  Before we left open sew for the night, I had 15 blocks made.  When I got home I decided to sew those rows together and finish up the other two.  Before I knew it, I was putting on borders!!  I can’t wait to get it quilted so I can count it as a finished UFO.

6 comments:

butrfly2200 said...

Wow both those quilt are awesome. Thanks for sharing Jen.
:)Carol

swooze said...

Very nice work!

Sandee said...

Jen, are you at Patched Works tomorrow? Sandy from wis.

Julie-Ann said...

I love the Underground Railroad your friend made. I have purchased all of the material and am working on getting it all cut.

Your autumn leaves is just beautiful. Is that kit still available!

Thanks for your help at PW yesterday. I'm sewing pillowcases today!

Laura Krasinski said...

HOw can you work so fast... you are incredible.. love this piece...

Moneik said...

Love the fall wall hanging. I have a few projects like that... I just can't get started on them.