Sunday, August 2, 2009

Moda Blocks and a Quilted Quilt

I finished up the last 4 blocks for the Moda U quilt.  Now it’s time to cut the setting triangles and start assembling the columns. 

The next order of business was to quilt a quilt that Sherry made.  I believe it’s either going to be auctioned or raffled off.  The proceeds I believe are going to the medical care of a friend of hers that is battling cancer.    Since it has an overall “Fall” look to it I used a verigated thread that reminds me of the brilliant colors of fall leaves. 

4 comments:

Moneik said...

The Moda blocks look great and I'm so glad you are getting so much accomplished on this quilt. Sherry's quilt looks fabulous and I'm sure your quilting made it sparkle.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Both quilts look fantastic. I love the colors in both. The Moda U quilt would be great in a kids room or just a spring look and mom would love the fall quilt. If Sherry is taking donations let me know I would be willing to donate.. it wouldn't be much but some is better than none.

Julie-Ann said...

Let me know if I can participate in the quilt raffle. The quilt is fabulous!

I love how your Moda quilting is turning out. Still am lusting after your Ocean Waves quilt, though! LOL

piecesofpatti said...

Your Moda blocks are looking good! Sherry's quilt is very nice. That is such a work of love. Your quilting looks great too! Good job on all you accomplish!