Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Quilted Notebooks

On Wednesday night after work I went to my Mom's and we worked on quilted notebooks. I was making her a sock monkey one, and my mom was making one for our friend Linda's Birthday. I was so proud of my mom because this technique is way outside the box for her. She sewed wonky strips and learned to quilt as you go.


IMG_1085

IMG_1089
IMG_1090

I also quilted three pieces for Tag Along Totes. The aqua one is mine. The dragonflies for Linda and the orange/pink for my mom. Of course because I don't have my machine, they won't be ready in time for their birthday but that's ok. They're understanding quilters!!

IMG_1088


And how cool is this? A grommet tote that Moneik Made for me. Complete with a wonder wallet and a checkbook cover! Thanks Moneik!!

IMG_1093


6 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks for teaching me how to do that I had a great time even though it was outside of the box for me. On to the next half dozen or so note book covers.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Hmm.. I have a thimbleberries note book cover that is a UFO some where.. Your note books look great! Your grommet bag is perfect for you!! Moneik did a great job.

piecesofpatti said...

Looks like fun! Great job............. and kudos to Moneik!

Barb said...

Jen ~ Love the notebook covers. What a great idea! You come up with some really fun stuff.

I've done one of the Grommitt bags. It was fun to make but not sure it works for me.

Erin said...

The note book covers are gorgeous! Did you follow a pattern?

Moneik said...

The notebook covers look awesome! So glad you like the grommet bags and accessories.