Monday, August 24, 2009

Rip it, Rip it

My day today felt like everything that could have gone wrong, did.

The only thing that went "near normal" was laying out my Moda Bistro In & Out quilt. I pushed the kitchen table to the wall and I think I've got everything where it needs to be. Now they are stacked and ready to be sewn together.

IMG_1073

Now, it was time to take Holly to the vet so that she could get her nails trimmed and so I could pick up her refill on her meds. I love my little fleabag, honestly I do. We walked into the vet like normal. She even sat nicely on the scale. (She's even lost weight!!) Then it was time for her to go with the vet tech and wow...no good. She climbed up on the bench seat and proceeded to try and crawl out a window that was actually closed. Giggle. Then we finally got her off the bench and they just about had to push her into the back. One tech at the front, one at the back. Then I heard her wailing while they trimmed. Are you seeing why we don't attempt this at home??

The rest of my day was spent ripping.

IMG_1074

I'm not even done yet. I still have about 3 rows of quilting to rip. I don't know what's up with my machine that is on my frame. I've tried just about everything. I even loaded a small piece of fabric on it last night to quilt for a tote bag just so I could work on adjustments. Adjustments that included me removing the feed dogs because it seems like that is where the bobbin thread is getting hung up. I'm almost wondering if it's a few different issues. Thread hung up on feed dogs, a bad pack of needles and then who knows what else. I'm trying to trouble shoot everything because my Janome is currently in for service. I'll try quilting another small tote bag tomorrow night. If I'm sucessful I'll be able to put the quilt back on the frame as soon as it's fully ripped.

I have no idea where my ipod is. I think I lost it in the couch. I've been listening to the Joy Luck Club and I'm just not fond of it. At this point I'm just feeling like listen and get it done.

13 comments:

Moneik said...

The quilt looks awesome! That sucks that your quilting machine is not working. I hate when that happens. I hate the ripping too. Hope today goes better!

piecesofpatti said...

The quilt does look great! Sorry you are "rippin"!

Karen said...

Bummer about the quilting problems, I hope you get it figured out fast.

I love the Bistro In and Out quilt, it's just beautiful!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

The quilt blocks look awesome! I love that one! Sorry about all the rippin'! Hang in there!

Patchwork Penguin said...

The blocks look great!!!! Love the fabric line.

Save the thread for next spring and put it out for the birds to use in their nests. It will make them so pretty-ful!!!

Julie-Ann said...

The quilt is great! And, the pile of ripped out thread is really pretty. I agree with Patchwork Penguin - save it for the birds next spring.

I love listening to books on CD. I read The Joy Luck Club years ago and loved it. Right now I am listening to First Family. Phil gave me a Kindle for my birthday. it is fun, but will never replace the joy of reading an actual book. I hope you find your ipod.

Christine said...

I love your in & out quilt. Gorgeous!

Michelle said...

That's a lot of ripping to do. Hopefully you're able to figure out the problem soon!! Nothing more frustrating than having to unsew!

Love the In & Out quilt. Keep meaning to make one, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Treasa said...

Your quilt looks great. Sorry you are ripping threads. Can't wait to see which quilt design you choose.

Cindy said...

Ripping stinks. DR Brad will fix the machine no problem. Poor Holly.....

larry7pokey said...

Your quilt layout is nice. Sorry for your machine trouble, I'm doing some rip out work myself. It helps to walk away sometimes.... : } pokey

CatQuilter said...

I had similar issues with my Juki earlier this summer. Got it into the shop and now it's humming right along (knock on wood)

Adore that fabric on the Bistro quilt. Is that something new?

Marge said...

It could be a bad spool of thread. I took my machine in to the tech because I couldn't figure out what was wrong and he said all he could figure was "BAD SPOOL OF THREAD". The machine works fine now.
Ladybug