Monday, August 3, 2009

Sewing at Frank’s

I met my Mom and Sherry at Frank’s Sewing Center to sew today.  I sat down and got right to work on my Bistro blocks.  I got all 72 of the IN block made.  Next time I work on this project, I should be able to get the 72 OUT blocks made. 

IMG_0824

While I was there, I noticed that I had a gaping hole in my notions tote.  I decided that it was time to make a new one.  I’ve been coveting this fabric since I bought it this past spring.  I still have enough yardage for a tote bag.

I also spent some time sitting on the floor of my sewing studio flipping through old magazines while looking for a lunch bag pattern.  I think I found a good one that I’d like to make.  I’ll probably change the dimensions right off the bat because I’d like it to be able to fit a frozen Lean Cuisine meal and a beverage.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I love the fabric on those new little totes. Too cute. Can't wait to see your in and out quilt. I used the red/black/brown to do my hubby's table runner and am using the blue/green/brown to do a coin quilt. Great fabrics.

Moneik said...

Your in blocks look great. Can't wait to see the out blocks. LOVE the notions totes. I still love that fabric from when we saw it. I saw it somewhere else and still think I may need to pick it up.

piecesofpatti said...

Love the bistro fabric. I found some on line to make some curtains for my kitchen. The place I found did not have much in stock. Where did you get your fabric? Love the notions totes also. I must get busy, I have so many things on my TO DO list, that I am getting overwhelmed thinking about it. Just gotta dig in................. woo-hoo!!!

Kristy James said...

I hope you post some information about your lunch box. I've been looking for a pattern to make myself one and haven't found one I like yet. I can't wait to see what you come up with.