Friday, September 25, 2009

She's Free, She's Free!!

The hospital decided to spring my Mom around noon on Friday so, I didn't eat lunch. Finally at 2 she was cleared to go so I left work and headed to the hospital. By the time I had her in the car it was 3 and I was about to pass out from starvation. I drove through McDonalds, dropped her off at home and was off again back to work.

This evening was my open sew night. I helped Bridgette figure out a project that she started in 1987 and hasn't touched since. It wasn't a difficult pattern but it was back in the day when little bagged patterns were handwritten and hand drawn. CRAZY!! I was helping Jinny with her Partridge in a Pear Tree applique table runner. I got Maureen started on a notebook cover. Joyce and I tried to figure out her Moda U backing because it was coming up about 20 inches short...wahlah, there was a large piece of fabric hidden that she had yet to use!!

During the day a customer came into the shop to show us a quilt that she had just finished. It was going to be auctioned on Saturday at the 15th Annual Ride for Breast Cancer Research that the Rock River HOG group does every year. The center of the quilt has this years Bandana.


I just thought the quilt turned out sooooo sharp in black, red & grey. She designed the quilt by changing up Judy Niemeyer's Thistle Pod quilt which is pictured below.

She told us that every year the quilt goes for $1000-$1500. With the cool design that she chose, I bet this years quilt went for a much higher dollar amount!

It's been a long few days. I'll be glad when I get off work tomorrow afternoon. Not because it's been a tough work week, but just so I can sit and not have to rush here, there or everywhere.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad to hear that your mom is doing well! Sounds like it was quite the experience at the hospital.

Moneik said...

That is an awesome quilt. Glad your mom is out of the hospital.