Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sometimes you need an easy project

I did some cutting on Athena's Puzzle and then I realized before I got immersed in the project I needed to complete something fun. I've been working up a Notebook tutorial because my 4th Friday group mentioned they wanted to make some. Since I just pretty much wing it and figure it out as I go, I guess it's time to put some numbers and instructions down on paper.

Sure, I own a pattern but I really didn't get any further than looking at the picture and working it up on my own. I seem to do that a lot lately. Why do I even spend the time searching for 'perfect' patterns and then doing my own thing anyway??

Last night I decided I needed to make my self a Sock Monkey wrap since I got such a kick out of making my mom's. I used a larger 5-Star notebook this time and instead of doing the thin pen/pencil pocket, I made a larger pocket with a flap.

IMG_1159
IMG_1160
IMG_1161
IMG_1162

So there you have it...

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love it! I absolutely adore the sock monkey fabric.

piecesofpatti said...

That is very cute!

Michelle said...

Very cute - I love how you put the larger monkey on the front as well!

Moneik said...

So cute! I think I need to make one for my purple notebook I bought in OH.